summer slips slowly.

too slowly.

i'm not a fantastic vacationer.  i'm working just 20 hours a week.  that's it.  other than that, i have absolutely no obligations, other than my courtesy CASA case, which takes approximately 2 hours.  a month.

sounds lovely, i know.  it's not.

book club, the minimal amount it asks from me keeps me afloat. as do my nightly conversations with Shoes. as do the periodic visits from good friends.  as does a daily hour long workout.  as does a complete diet overhaul.  as do my afternoons at the driving range.  as does ... as does ... as does ...

good lord, somebody give me *something* to sink my teeth into.  i will not even TELL you what kind of bad TV i've been watching lately.  worse than usual.  much, much worse ... (o, you jersey shore nightmares - literally - after one episode, you gave me nightmares ...)

i am really reaching here.  listless most of the time.  hungrily look to the next visitor, or visit, or the next time i'll see Shoes.

when does shool begin .... the last monday of september?

meh ....

2 comments

  1. Elizabeth on August 4, 2010 at 10:37 PM

    One more day of work and then it's voodoo doughnuts and shopping and other fun stuff. I realize it's only one day, but it's all I can think about.
    I'm trying to think of what else you can do, but my mind is blank. I'll have to get back to you on that.

     
  2. Sarah on August 5, 2010 at 9:02 PM

    Quit your whinin' and give me a call!

     


Post a Comment