1. On Tuesday, Shoes and I finally brought home the Golden Retriever Puppy we've been dreaming about for three years. We're in love. She's amazing and sweet and smart (only I can't be sure about any of those things because we've only had her for three days). The next post will be all things Puppy.
While we love her, and, o, how we do ... oh my good word.
What work. What constant, vigilant, work.
2. Shoes and I are getting married in 2 weeks.
3. Shoes will work up to the day before the wedding. New job = he can't ask for any real time off until about October.
4. We have 14 people coming to stay with us at the Big House the week of the wedding.
Fourteen people. Five Children. A new Puppy. A Partridge in a Pear Tree.
5. In a random stroke of amazing good luck and terrible misfortune, I've accepted employment as a Mental Health Therapist in a nearby town.
That. Is. Amazing. One month after graduation. Awesome.
Not awesome: I have a mandatory training to attend in Spokane (one hour North) the 13th - 17th to learn how to complete the legal process of involuntarily committing a person to a psychiatric hospital. This is the only time it's offered this year on this side of the State, and it's only offered twice a year.
I get married on the 18th.
I hope I make my own rehearsal in time.
6. 2012 is kicking my rear ... in the best, craziest, most unexpected of ways. I'm breathing in and breathing out ... and breathing in ... and breathing out ... And hoping for the best ... and believing that Shoes and I have everything we need, and a Supplier for what we don't, for the next few weeks...